When to Use Craft Punches
Craft punches are an essential craft supply that will add the extra embellishment and add a very professional look to any homemade card or scrapbooking project that you are working on. There area variety of different types of punches that can be used including:
- Corner Punches - tired of boring square corners, these corner punches add the little detail to homemade cards that is sure to impress
- Shape Punches - every shape and size imaginable can be punched and are a great way to add dimensions to your card and make it pop
- Boarder Punch - no more straight edges on your cards, dress them up with a fancy boarder.
- Label Punches - this is another whole section of card stamping as you can either use these punches to add dimensions to your cards or create labels to add to presents
- Floral Punches - floral designs are very common in stamping, however some punches are designed to give you petals and leaves which you then use to create your floral pattern.
What if my Punch is Sticking?
If you use your punch often you may find that it gets dull after awhile and paper starts to get stuck in your punch - this is normal. Here's a couple tips to avoid the punch from sticking:
- Repeatedly (about 7-10 times) punch a piece of aluminum foil with the dull punch - this will sharpen the punch
- Repeatedly punch a piece of wax paper which will slightly wax the metal, making it stick less
- Stick the punch in the freezer - this will shrink the metal and reduce the sticking
We have read some articles that state you can sharpen your punches with sand paper; we advise against this as we've seen it dull the punches rather than sharpen them.